Wednesday, February 07, 2007

A short anniversary announcement

Just a short anniversary announcement. Wanted to do this yesterday but The Empty Ghost Town That is Pittsburgh wouldn't let me. It claims, via banners and great announcements, that it is a "WiFi City". Apparently, it was only kidding.

As of yesterday, February 6, Amy and I have been together for thirteen years. We'd known each other for a couple of years prior, but it wasn't until 1994 that we finally got together. Five years later, we were married.

So last night, I got to have a good dinner with the woman who has been my absolute best friend for a third of my life. We put all the work-stuff aside. Forgot about the pending projects and the upcoming trips (as best we could) and just tried to celebrate the achievement that is the last 10 + 3 years.

With all the ups and downs and middles, I wouldn't have traded a second of it. Honest.

Love you, Amy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to the two of you. That's a long time not to strangle each other. I'm at the 10 year mark myself, but I thought I saw my wife building a gallows in the backyard yesterday.

Iloz Zoc
Zombos Closet of Horror