Friday, May 20, 2005

Detached, but accomplished, sorta...

With the bad back and the job-hunting (endless, ENDLESS amounts of job hunting) I felt pretty run-down and flattened yesterday. Add to that the anxiety of putting on Genghis Con in November, trying to finish a screenplay for our next production, editing SIRENS OF CINEMA, and putting on a screenplay contest that few people seem interested in, and you've got the makings of a Burmese Tiger-Trap of depression.

But then I got an email from a for-real producer who is officially kicking a script of mine "upstairs" to his partners-that-be with his recommendation that the movie be made.

And that still hasn't sunk in yet. I'm a bit of a pessimist. I'm terrified of celebrating something (even a minor something) until it becomes set in stone. Still, it's a terrific step in the right direction. The script was a work-for-hire that I had no emotional attachment to, but around the third draft (which was odd in and of itself), I started to become very proud of the thing. If they make it right, it'll be a fun, cool, gory and darkly funny movie.

But, still, it hasn't sunk in yet. (Add to that the fact that I really can't talk about it until the stone has been chiseled and you get a vague blog about a tangenital accomplishment.)

No comments: