Wednesday, May 04, 2005

So we survived yet another Chiller. I'm still not sure if I prefer setting up at this show, or just going and hanging out. Both are equally exhausting, it seems. This time around, Amy and I hauled our company partner, Bill Homan, up to Jersey. He's not big on crowds to begin with, coming from Maine, but he held up surprisingly well! Of course, both he and I were rapidly changing religions when we hit I-495 and Amy realized she'd booked our rooms at the wrong hotel--then proceeded to merge in and out of traffic while cancelling one reservation and making another. In Jersey, by the way, you don't merge in traffic so much as you fuse. It was a harrowing journey to say the least.

And for the second year in a row, Amy and I celebrated our wedding anniversary with a crowd of a couple hundred people. Like last year, we were surrounded by friends, though, including a couple of my oldest and closest friends (Bill, Justin Wingenfeld (Skin Crawl) and his wife Trinity, and Debbie Rochon -- all of whom I've known forever), and a few new ones (Mike Gingold, Alan Rowe Kelly (I'll Bury You Tomorrow...).

But we're back now, resuming our Clark Kenting at our respective jobs. I just landed a grueling one at the local post office, working on a loading dock with giant steel cages on wheels that have tried to kill me several times since I began.

In the meantime, we work on our own things, including Genghis Con (our own show in November... because, you know, why should life be easy?), a few new productions and the Hollywood is Burning Screenplay Competition. I just want to see what's out there with this last one. And if I can help a few people out with certificates that say "Winner of the Hollywood is Burning Screenplay Competition", then it's all gravy, ain't it?

...

A few new pieces I haven't mentioned yet:

Faces of Schlock review.

My coverage of Cinema Wasteland

The Atrocity Circle review.

Sixteen Tongues review (shoots a hole in my "I hate to do reviews" gripe, doesn't it?)

My rant on why I loved Sin City

and finally, My piece on The World Horror Con

Let me know what you think!

No comments: