Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Feast of Flesh reviews for fun!

The reviews for A Feast of Flesh are still coming in. The majority of them have been positive, and the negative ones have been truly negative. I've only seen one so far that was just "eh, it's okay". So what we have here, folks, is a "love it or hate it" movie. Which is fine by me.

I thought I'd post links to some of the positive ones, here, just to keep the momentum going. I'd post links to the negative ones, too, but we're contractually not allowed. I don't particularly care - the joke's on the guys who hated it, ya know? They're the ones who requested the screeners and had to sit through it! - and I enjoy a good insult as much as anyone, even if I'm the recipient. But there's this mode of thinking that negative press doesn't help sales. So... okay, I'll remain eyes fixed upon the financial prize and keep the negative reviews sequestered to Google searches.

Anyway, my most recent favorite comes from Tim "Tex Massacre" Anderson over at Bloody Disgusting, who wrote that I come off like a "leprechaun with a Tommy gun".

Another favorite comes from Movies Made Me Do It, who wrote "A Feast of Flesh is a great vampire film, and this is coming from someone who normally skips over any DVD that even references another vampire flick." He seems to like all of our movies, so he holds a special place in my heart.

Speaking of people I love, Doug Waltz gave us a glowing review on Cult Cuts, but the site seems to have vanished. I'll try and get Doug to send me a transcription and post it here, because he always makes Amy and I seem like geniuses. Doug makes us happy.

Another of my favorite people, Michael Den Boer, says that, with AFOF, "Director Mike Watt avoids the sophomore curse" and goes on to say other nice things about the movie over at his wonderful site 10,000 Bullets.

David Carter at Film Fanaddict liked Amy a whole lot: "Amy Lynn Best does a commendable job as the film’s lead and displays a broader range of emotions that one typically sees in a low budget horror film."

Eros-LA gave A Feast of Flesh "Six chainsaws, five vibrators, and a high-five."

Oddly enough, the ones who seemed to enjoy it the most were the kind fellows at Mr. Skin. I don't have an account so I'm not sure how the rest of the review plays out, but it starts off enouraging HERE.

AND... in other news, Fangoria #269 just hit the stands and I finally got to hold a copy in my hands... and I've been leaving the other copies on the shelves open to our page. I'm thrilled beyond words. If you haven't bought your copy yet, you really don't love me, do you?

No comments: